|Promoting your Business in a Recession|
In today’s economy, we are all watching our cash flow. Marketing budgets are diminished during a time when it has never been more important to market your company in order to keep the show on the road. So, here are a few ideas to help you market your business on a shoestring.
1. Improve your credentials. A good credential, such as a quality accreditation, will get you instant credibility with your prospects and clients. You are simply treated better and respected more when you have earned a credential that others recognise.
2. Create a results-oriented biography. Let people know what you have accomplished so far in your career and what you are capable of doing for them by writing a great bio that represents you well. Put this on your website and make it downloadable as a pdf.
3. Testimonials. Ask satisfied clients for a testimonial and put these on your website and in your company brochure.
4. Get press. When you get quoted by the Irish Times, a trade magazine or local press, not only will you get new leads, but you can make copies of these articles available on your web site. This adds to the credibility of your firm.
5. Get published. Write articles for trade magazines, local newspapers and online journals to increase your exposure
6. Track your online reputation. If you enter your name in Google, what comes up? It should be your company web site, Linked In profile or an article about your firm. If not, you have some work to do to boost your online presence. You can keep tabs on your online presence by using Google’s free online service google alerts. This emails you every time your company name or even your name is published on the internet.